Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chicken Pad Thai

I was looking for a yummy, inexpensive dinner and so I went to Food Network's website. I took one of Sandra Lee's $10 dinners and changed it to fit what I already had at home. Instead of rice noodles I used thin spaghetti. I have not really gotten the hang of cooking rice noodles very well and I always have spaghetti on hand. I also added chicken & substituted a few things for the sauce. It turned out so well! The cilantro and peanut garnish made a HUGE difference! They added freshness to the meal. It's def worth trying!

Here is what you need (keep in mind this is for 2 ppl):
1-2 tbsp of any type of oil (I used canola oil)
1 chicken breast cut into chunks
Ginger powder
1/2 box of thin spaghetti (cooked)
1-2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup green onions (chopped)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp stir fry sauce (in the Asian foods section of the grocery)
1/2 of a lime's juice
2 eggs
1 handful of cilantro (chopped)
1 cup of unsalted peanuts (chopped-I should have done this in a food processor)

1. Prep the chicken by dabbing it off with paper towels and rubbing ginger powder into the meat. Get the wok hot and add the oil. Combine garlic, soy sauce, stir fry sauce, and lime juice in a small bowl. Set aside. Boil the water for the pasta and cook it for 6 minutes. Set aside. You might want to add a little bit of oil to the noodles so they don't stick together.



2. Combine green onions and carrots in a bowl. Set aside.




3. Add the chicken to the hot wok and cook until it's cooked through (about 6-7 minutes total).






4. While its cooking, chop the cilantro and peanuts.



5. Take the chicken out of the wok and put on a plate.
Add the 2 eggs and cook through.









6. Add the veggies. Cook for 3-4 minutes.




7. Add the chicken and sauce. Stir to combine and cook 1-2 minutes.




8. Add the cooked pasta & cook 2-3 more minutes.




9. Serve garnished with cilantro and peanuts.Yummy!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment