Friday, October 7, 2011

Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Bites

I got this recipe from Pinterest, my new favorite thing! If you haven't gotten on it... Do it! Anyways... I changed the recipe up a little bit by using garlic, tomato, and Lawry's seasoning. If you would like to see the original recipe go to
http://thenoshery.com/2009/03/29/a-two-bite-breakfast/

What you need:
Greased muffin tin
Circle cookie cutter
6 pieces of whole wheat sandwich bread (cut into circles)



6 slices of partially cooked bacon
6 eggs
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
Shredded cheddar cheese
6 cherry tomatoes (chopped)
Lawry's seasoning salt
Pepper

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the bread circles in the greased muffin tin. I am considering using cupcake liners next time to make it easier to remove them from the pan.



2. Half way cook your bacon and wrap one slice around each bread circle. I think cooking the bacon in the micro would be a better plan next time; some of my bacon became brittle and not bendy.






3. Sprinkle cheese in each cup. Put in the oven for 5 minutes.



4. Mince the garlic and chop the tomatoes. Place in the cups.






5. Crack one egg into each cup. Do not use all the egg white. I let the extra egg white drain into a separate bowl & I ate those egg whites another day. If you over fill the cup with egg it poofs up (as you will see in a minute). Sprinkle with Lawry's and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.



6.
The finished product! The one in the foreground was overfilled... Still tasted great!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment