Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Corn Salsa

This recipe is from my good friend, Caroline Credille. Her mom would make this recipe a lot! I have adjusted it to my own style; adding olive oil and lime juice. It is originally from Weight Watchers and was zero points (without the avocado). Is is ALWAYS a big hit and is extremely easy as well as healthy... Enjoy!

1 can yellow corn (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
2 green onions (chopped)
1 container of cherry tomatoes (cut into 4ths)
1-2 avocados (diced)
White wine vinegar
Apple cider vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp lime juice

1. Put corn, green onions, and tomatoes in a bowl.




2. Stain the black beans; let most the liquid drain out. I left my beans in the strainer for about 5 minutes; shaking occasionally. Add to the bowl.



3. Add a splash of olive oil, white wine vinegar, and apple cider vinegar. Be careful not to add too much; the vinegars can overpower the taste. Stir and add salt and pepper.






4. Dice the avocado; add this last. Make sure the avocados are ripe. Here is a photo of ripe avocados. Serve with chips and enjoy!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment